“Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance that affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives. Humanism stands for the building of a more humane society through an ethics based on human and other natural values in a spirit of reason and free inquiry through human capabilities. Humanism is not theistic, and it does not accept supernatural views of reality.”
--- the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU)
Brighter Brains Institute is a think-and-do tank in the San Francisco East Bay. We organize conferences and debates that discuss the future & we establish and assist clinics, schools, and orphanages in Uganda, Congo, and The Philippines to elevate children's mental health. We support humanist/atheist perspectives in Africa by creating secular institutions there, and via book and essay publications.
What We've Achieved
- Launched BiZoHa - the world's first atheist orphanage
- Raised funds to construct 12 buildings and launch BiZoHa Orphanage Humanist School
- Published "Orphans of Rwenzori: a humanist perspective" by Bwambale Robert Musubaho
- Started fundraising for Kahendero Humanist Nursery School
- Provided scholarships to children in Nyakiyumbu and Kahendero, for them to attend KHPS.
- Established a medical clinic to serve students at Kasese Humanist Primary School (KHPS)
- Funded the "Creativity Lab" - an after-school program for KHPS
- Provided scholarships to over 90 orphans and in-need children at BiZoHa and KHPS
- Delivered shoes, food, clothes, kikoy dresses, and art supplies to students at BiZoHa and KHPS.