Millions of Africans suffer under the tyranny of fear and ignorance.
Africa needs humanism to realize its potential!
- Humanists can provide a place where Africans can think freely without the fear of god.
- Humanists can help African children by campaigning for improvement of education.
- Humanists can help women and girls achieve equality in their societies.
- Humanists can help the elderly and disabled, ensuring they are not abused, branded as witches, and killed.
- Humanists can speak up for gay people, for their dignity, humanity and equal rights.
- Humanists can combat exploitation by prophets, pastors and imams.
- Humanists can free people from the bondage of superstition, fanaticism and dogma.
- Humanists can campaign for secular society and government based on the will of the people.
Dark Age forces - religious extremism, dogma, superstition - hijack African politics, corrupt democracy, hamper social progress and human rights.
Priests, pastors, prophets, imams, and witch doctors confuse, manipulate and exploit ignorant folks.
Witch hunters, jihadists and ‘crusaders’ - in Mali, Nigeria, Uganda, Sudan, Egypt, Kenya, Somalia, Algeria - incite people to kill, maim and abuse, in the name of their god.
Humanism can be a force for peace, freedom and emancipation.
Many Africans are at war due to religious bigotry; many live in slavish situations due to irrational superstition. Religious violence ravages communities leaving death and destruction.
African Humanists can promote Peace, Emancipation and Enlightenment...
...to further the African Renaissance.